JOB TITLE: Technical/Commercial Manager
COMPANY: Wickman Coventry Ltd
LOCATION: Binley, Coventry
HOURS: Full time – 40.5 hours per week
SALARY: negotiable depending on experience & career achievements
RESPONSIBLE TO: Commercial Director
Wickman Coventry Ltd is an OEM Machine tool design and manufacturing company with £7million plus UK turnover now in its 92nd year with 45 employees and overseas subsidiary operations in USA, India & China. We are a global supplier and manufacturer of a specialised range of Multi-Spindle CNC and Automatic Lathes based in Coventry, looking for a dynamic and ambitious technical / commercial manager to join our team, reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
The candidate will be a key member of the team and should be able to demonstrate IT experience along with good communication and presentation skills and who can make a positive contribution to the management of the Business.
To interface between the Wickman technical department and the commercial aspects of the business. Good technical knowledge of engineering, machining and if possible turning process
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage technical enquiries received the business
- Attend technical meetings to discuss solutions to enquiries
- Provide commercial proposals and quotations
- Interact with sales people to present technical solutions
- Work along with the finance department to ensure that project costs are captured and allocated
- Work along with the sales team to support the sales function in respect of quote preparation
- Project manage turnkey solutions to complete a machine sale
- Liaise with customers during machine builds
- Update customers on progress of machine builds
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
- Customer visits once product knowledge has been established
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong understanding of engineering
- Previous experience of machine tools – or capital equipment
- Good project management skills
- Ability to interact with any level within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and IT literate
- Self-motivating with a positive attitude and flexible approach
Competitive Salary, 24 days holiday plus public holidays, Pension Scheme, Mobile Phone.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs by email at the earliest possible opportunity to guarantee consideration.
Wickman Coventry Ltd
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note, if you have not been contacted regarding your application within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful. We will, however, retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.